Monday, May 7, 2012

Why I Love, and Hate, the First Day of Term

As is obvious, I am currently on a break in between classes for school. I still have one more class before I head off to work. Now, I am looking through courses for Summer and Fall. Why? Because I want to maximize my work schedule while getting all the requirements that I need for my major. I am on the waitlist for a required class but if I go to it then my schedule becomes full all day Monday and Wedenesday leaving me with Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to work most of the day (I would go until 9:45am on Fridays and then head off to work from about 10am-5pm). I am trying to work it out so that some of my classes are in the evenings that way I can have some in the morning, work, some in the evenings and then do homework! One of the classes I need, a Chemistry class, is everyday from 11am-12:50pm, except for Fridays. It would just be for the first block, meaning once June 22nd hit, I could go back to working most days as all day! This is why I love, and hate the first day of school. I go to classes, figure out which teacher(s) could benefit me and my learning, style, re-arrange my schedule as needed, meet with advisers, re-work plans, finalize my work schedule for that block of time and still have some time for my social life and for myself!

I am happy to report that my manager at work has said the company is willing to work with my school schedule because when I get to work, I work hard and know exactly what to do. He also understands that I am attempting to knock out as many credits as possible so that in the fall, I can be of the utmost value to the company. So far, with the schedule I have in mind this summer, I can be at work everyday for fall term by 11:30am! Now, if I spread everything out and try to maximize my work schedule for the summer then in the fall, I am at work at 11:30am for only a few of the days of the week. Oh decisions. It is time for me to go check out a few more things and get some school stuff in order, but I had to vent my frustration and my first day back at school excitement or I would not have been able to focus for my next class.

I will keep everyone updated regarding my class schedule for the next little while.

No comments: