Friday, June 3, 2011

Well-rested?

I wrote yesterdays blog completely and totally exhausted understanding that the next few days are not going to get any easier. Today is the last day of technique camp for my students (whom I sometimes refer to as my kids) and then tomorrow three of my kids have clinic while I have a 2 hour circuit meeting and a 2 hour marching band meeting (oh yeah---sarcasm). Then on Sunday, I finally get all the paperwork I need printed and loaded for the Sunday evening weekly Springville High School Colorguard email (yes, every Sunday night from now until I no longer work at Springville High School). Then next week it is five six hour days of parade camp followed by TWO parades next Saturday (holy crow). After that another email will get sent out and then I will happily accept the twice a week early morning rehearsals (I think they start the week before first block finals) until August when another camp AND band camp happen (why do we end up scheduling camps two weeks in a row?). Summer is intense, but everything gets done in the summer so that Fall runs smoothly!

So, last night, after writing my blog about being so tired I ended up just turning off the computer and going straight to bed. To my surprise, I slept rather well. Once I was asleep I didn't wake until about 6:55am (which is quite late for me considering my first class is at 8am). My sunburn on my back and shoulders did motivate me to not sleep until 7:15am like I wanted too, but I did get up later than usual. Surprisingly, I feel well-rested (for now?). Dance kicked my butt today as midterms are next week but I am not as tired as I have been! Maybe the nice deep sleep and just sheer exhaustion drove me to actually fall asleep fast and get some meaningful rest! I plan on definitely napping on Sunday to get the renewed energy I need to tackle Parade Camp week and midterms next week.

Okay, now on to other matters besides my job (which seems to be my main focus). I am thinking of posting a few BIG lists within the next week regarding some art projects I have in mind (and may need help with) as well as a goal/bucket list I have had for a while. I don't want everyone to know about every goal but there are some that may be of interest to people or that I may need some assistance with! I guess that is a promise of two posts in the very near future!

Now, off to print up captain sheets, make a vocabulary sheet and to run the last day of technique camp (oh and fix a rifle).

No comments: