Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tuckered Out Teens and Teacher

I came home from school today and my roommate, Victoria, noted that I looked exhausted. She then said "good thing you are not teaching today!" Actually Victoria, I teach until the end of next week (next Saturday is when my break comes). Even on Sunday, after I attend church, I have some important things to do. It is odd though that I love working hard? Every night I try to go to bed early because I know I will be laying there thinking and thinking and thinking. Since my brain rarely decides to shut up at night, I tend to lay down for an hour or two to think and then eventually fall asleep. So, I tend to be up at all hours of the night and not by choice either. But I trek on everyday!

I went to Springville High School today to teach and even the girls noticed I was tired (as are they). Everyone was very sore (including me) and I was frustrated since we had only three people in attendance and I had a full of work planned. Tomorrow will hopefully be different. More parade work, some rifle practice, more movement phrases and correction of across-the-floor sequences, a bit of paperwork, a lot of negotiating, and overall just excitement that technique camp is done this week (and parade camp for 8 hours everyday next week). I am so excited though. I think the parade routine is going to be boringly easy that way we can focus on other things.

I see the fatigue in my students but their eagerness inspires me. They have high goals for themselves and know what they want and are willing to do what they can to achieve them! They just need to make it through the next few weeks without any mental breakdowns and then I think we will be okay!

I hope to get a few more posts regarding things other than colorguard up very soon. Maybe I can tomorrow after I take a long nap!

No comments: