Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's not the 2nd yet...

I know...2 posts in one day! Gasp! It's not even June 2nd yet, but yes. I am creating another post. I am so sunburnt. I was outside for a good five hours today for my colorguard students technique camp and the sunscreen didn't hold up (higher SPF or apply more frequently?). It doesn't hurt too bad but dance class is going to kick my butt tomorrow since we do a lot of work on the ground and on our backs. I will get a picture going of the burn later. I am so red on my shoulders and neck (surprisingly my face was protected perfectly although I did get a sunburn yesterday on my face that is still healing). I love those girls and they just work so hard. They were pushed pretty hard today and took it in stride. They did everything that was asked of them and more, were praised and criticized (I think I should be giving for praises) and at times begged for us to let them have longer breaks. But Lindsay (former director and now Visual Technician) and I kept pushing, kept going and told them to not give up. We let them out 30 minutes early because they were just so exhausted after five hours (as were Lindsay and I) but what we accomplished was, in fact, amazing. I could see the frustration in their eyes but I know that what they accomplished today and what will be accomplished over the next two days will surpass anyone's expectations.

I asked Lindsay about what she wanted technique-wise in the marching band show this year since she is writing most of it. When she said ..."a double on flag would be nice..." I thought, maybe these girls can do it...and they did. Technically, they are not perfect, but it is achievable at this point. If they can achieve doubles on flag 7-8 weeks prior to band camp, imagine the possibilities of a clean double by band camp in August! I am hoping the other people interested decide to join and show up to future rehearsals! I am excited for this year. Parade season will be rough, fall season will be fun (and cold) and winter will rock! I am super excited for everything! *squeal*

I have a giant art project in mind (well, more than one but you get the idea). I am not going to reveal it yet because it is in the beginning stages, but everyone will be made aware of it very soon.

Time to go to bed.

P.S. A rather long post is coming in the next few days (long is an understatement). It has taken nearly two weeks to compose but you will understand once it is posted.

No comments: