Thursday, August 26, 2010

Saying Goodbye Was Never Easy...pt. 2

As many of you know, on Saturday I went to the funeral of a dear friend to say goodbye (for now). This upcoming weekend, I say goodbye to another. My best friend is moving back to California. He tried so hard to stay but fell just a little bit short. He now feels that he must go back home for a time to work. He has a place to stay (practically for free) and can work for his landlady until he finds work. He says he may not be back in Utah for a long while (at least a year but we are both hoping it is shorter than that). On Saturday evening, I am taking him to the train station so that he hop on the 11:30pm train back to Sacramento. We are both dreading that night. Neither of us are very good at saying goodbye. He doesn't want to leave me here (he is concerned about the timing of his leaving and how it will affect me).

We both made several promises to each other though. We would go to each others wedding receptions (and if I am married first each others sealings! although he does promise to be there for mine anyways) and that we would keep in contact all the time (via text, calls or skype) and we are working on putting a youtube channel together (shh...that's a secret...) among other promises. Yeah. Not my favorite of weeks.

No comments: