Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer School and Employment

Yes, folks you read it right. I am enrolled in first block summer courses at UVU. Usually I end up going to BYU (visiting student program) or work. But I have put a lot of thought into it and I feel as though this is the right thing to do! I am liking it so far, but it is only the first week. I am taking it somewhat easy this summer. I decided to go as a part-time student so that once I do find steady employment I can have more hours. I think I am taking about 10 credits this first block.

Now, I am still looking for a job. However, I did receive a phone call yesterday. It was a colorguard instructor asking for some help and yes, I get paid. This is nice. I would like to have a colorguard or dance team of my own to teach, but occasional summer clinics and camps are going to have to do for now. I think I get $40 dollars for helping out today!! Not much, but hey, work is work, right? I do know of a few high schools potenitally hiring for a colorguard instructor, so everyone cross your fingers.

Okay, now off to make $40!

1 comment:

Dorm Bedding said...

I only took a couple summer classes in college. I actually liked them - was nice knocking them out in such a short time.