Saturday, May 8, 2010

Head vs. Heart

I always feel as though I am constantly in a battle. Head vs. heart...that's always the case. Do I do what I want to do or what everyone expects me to do? I have so many things that I think about on a daily basis and I have to decide if my brain or my heart is going to win. I am the kind of person who wants to have her heart win the battle everytime, but logic must be used in all aspects of life as well. I am also catious with my heart because of all the heartache and broken hearts I have faced in the last year. Heather died and I am still facing the reprocusions of a broken heart everyday and I have a very good friend in Afghanistan with a 50/50 chance of coming back home alive and in one piece. I am also facing the idea that someone I love so completely may decide to not love me in return even though he does now. Somedays, I want to run away. Go somewhere new and start all over, with no hurt, but I know that is not possible. Every night when I go to sleep, I wonder if it is all worth it, and every single night the Lord tells me one thing..."it is so worth it." I just have to get through these trials in my life and I will be blessed for them and be blessed with new trials.

I am going to leave some quotes for everyone to ponder on at the end of this entry...

"I wish I could see your trials, your pain. I wish I could feel it and hold you in my arms and tell you how it will all work out. I won't judge you. I will just love you."

"I don't love you because you are perfect. I love you because you are perfect for me."

1 comment:

Dorm Bedding said...

Unfortunately, heartaches & trials are just a part of life....I so wich they weren't :(