Monday, April 7, 2008

My Decision...Advice Welcomed!

I finally got an email from the Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corp in Denver, Colorado. They want me to come out and do a personal audition for dance, flag and a weapon spot. I will still send out video auditions to Blue Stars in Wisconson, The Academy in Arizona, Bluecoats in Ohio, and Phantom Regiment in Illinois. I know that Bluecoats and Phantom Regiment are in the top five, but I have a better chance with the Blue Knights, The Academy, or Blue Stars but it does not hurt to send in video auditions to as many places as possible! I plan on going to Blue Knights camp on April 24th and arrive back in Oregon on the 26th or the 27th (whichever flight I can get for a cheaper price). I will work for my dad as much as possible (if he will let me)up until I leave for tour and after I get back until school (August 27th) and that will help pay for tour and give me more money for the upcoming Fall semester. I make money, go on tour all summer, get tan, loose a ton of weight, learn to sleep on a bus and on a gym floor, and work the hardest I have ever worked in my life. But it will all be so worth it. I will come back with amazing experiences and the mentality to continue working hard.

I get to work very hard these last few weeks of school. I have project after project, paper after paper, portfolio after portfolio that must be completed before the end of next week. My weekend will be spent completing some of these assignments and I am hoping and praying none of my teachers assign more homework. I already have a headache just thinking about it all. I also have to pack everything up for the summer. Pull out the asprin and turn off the alarm clocks. Dead and finals week...BRING IT ON!!!

1 comment:

MarieC said...

My advice: Go for it! You are only young once, and somehow these opportunities don't seem to come along as often when you are settled into "grownup" life (whatever that is)!