Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Desire to Dream

I am so happy to have y best friend in the whole world in town right now. He always tells me how much he is inspired by my desire to dream and dream big. I can tell him anything and he never laughs or says such goals are unattainable. However, I do feel bad. He tells me many times that he envies me and wonders how I can be friends with someone like him, who does not have a job and currently does not go to school. He lives in California with his parents but we manage to talk every night and without fail he always tells me how proud of me he is (apparently he brags to his friends at home about me!) and without fail picks me up when I fall down.

The other day while I was hanging out with him at his biological mom's house (he was adopted as a baby) we talked about our biggest dreams. I am a HUGE dreamer. There is so much that I want out of life. We were  sitting on the grass patch near his mom's house and I told him everything about what I want to do and what I want from life. I told him of my desire to dream, fulfill my dreams and dream some more. I then stopped mid sentence to think. He turned to me and asked why I stopped. Here is my answer, I have another dream added to my list. I know what I want in life...some things I think I will wait for (whether I choose to or not) but I know what I want in life.

As Brian and I were talking about life, he said something that is not too shocking now, but it was a bit surprising when he pointed it out. He noted that I am a super independent person. He noted that he is not surprised by some of my dreams and has no doubt I will achieve them. He pointed that I am a hard-working and stubborn girl who will go after things full force. He also says that he feels many people are intimidated by this fact. I'd like to think I am a generally nice and approachable person, but I can see his point. I am kind of an odd ball (okay so maybe kind of is an understatement). I march to the beat of my own drummer and try to just go after what I want! I will have to create another blog about some (not all) of these dreams).

P.S. Don't forget to keep voting for Springville High School as part of the Glee Give a Note Project. They really need new instruments.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm glad that you have such a great friend in Brian. You are kind of odd Kris, but I love you and all your oddness!!!!