Thursday, October 20, 2011

Glee Give a Note Project-Springville


I am writing this blog mostly out of desperation and determination. As many of my readers know, I currently work at Springville High School as the colorguard director, assistant visual director and occasionally help with music. I don't get to see the budget to the music department at Springville, but I do hear about money woes from the band teacher and face issues with the budget as well. This post will contain a lot of inforation that I think is needed to prove my point. The Springville High School Percussion posted a video on the Glee-Give a Note Project website. The purpose...to win money for the school. You see our goal this year is to raise enough money for new drums. The drummers need it too. Almost all of the Bass Drums have the ris falling off (rims hold the drum together) and the snares nearly fall apart everyday. We need new insturments and colorguard equipment and winning this money can help our program improve a lot!

Here is how you can help us out too! Go to www.gleegiveanote.com. Then go to the vote now section. At the top you have the option of viewing videos from different states...go to Utah. Springville will be on that page. Watch and click to vote botton everyday on a different computer (it tracks IP addresses). Every vote helps! Please and thank you!

No comments: