Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Life is unfair sometimes...

Sara's mom, Susan has been having a rough time of it lately (for obvious reasons). I decided to go look at Heather's facebook page and this is what her mom wrote the day of the viewing for Sara...

Hi Heather, I am sure that you and Sara have been together now. How I too have longed for your joy and laugh. When I went to see Susan Raymond, I knew exactly how she felt. She asked how I did it. As Aunt Laura said "You have no choice" I am going to have Aunt Laura call her later in the week. I keep telling myself it is just a moment in time and then we will be together. But somedays are very very long. I went through all the pictures of all the family and I am so thankful for all the of them. That is what you have to rely on is the family you are with.

Yeah. When my friend's and I saw Heather's mom come to the viewing and funeral, Cory said something..."life is unfair sometimes. To lose two important people in less than 10 months in our lives is difficult, and we still have other trials to face. Somedays I wonder if it is all worth it." After he said that, the group of us that have lost both Heather and Sara just had a group hug and could not let go of each other for the longest time while we all just cried.

 

Now fast forward to present day. Cory got a hold of me a few days ago asking about a girl interested in joining his winterguard team. We got to talking and understood that even though "time heals all wounds" no one ever specified how much time. He started school around the same time as me after not being in college for about 4 years. We had a very nice conversation and realized that this year, any teaching positions we get are for the ones we loved and lost, the people who gave us their undying support (and still do) and never ceased to love us and if we get any chance to perform, we will not take it for granted.

Life is unfair and we have to live with it... 

No comments: