Sunday, March 28, 2010

Roller Coaster of a Week

This entry week has proven to be a week of trials. But I must start off with the results of our California trip. It was such a blast. Our group placed second overall and are now sitting at number 16 in the World! We were then invited to go to the International Competition in Ohio (as known as World's). We are still trying to decide if we should go. We would be in Ohio from April 6-11th. The top 60 groups go to World's, the top 32 from the preliminary performance go on to semi-finals and the top 15 from semi-finals go on to finals. Hence our excitement. Sitting in the #16 spot gives us hope and potential to hit finals. So, for the next week or so, we doing all we can and working very hard to hit the #15 spot.

However, a few days after leaning about our amazing spot, I got a major shock. The principal of the high school that I work at informed me that budget cuts were being made and I am being let go as of April 9th. I thought everything would be okay since I still had my job at Craft Supplies. However, on Friday, I found out that they are eliminating my position and I have two weeks left at Craft Supplies USA. I guess it is time to find a new job. I don't like this one bit. I had a BIG plan that I was in the middle of completing, but now, I have a set back. I did cry on Friday and Saturday. I taked to one of my instructors, Cory, and he re-assured me.

I absolutely love Cory. He is like the older brother I never had. He sat me down and told me a lot of things I needed to hear. Then, he commented about my "gift of hard work." Please note he is not LDS, but recognizes talent, passion and abilities. I loved out talk!

Yep, I am hoping for a better week.

1 comment:

Dorm Bedding said...

Oh, I hope things are going better for you :)