Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last Week of March 2010

I don't have a lot of time. This entry is being done at school because I finished everything and am now waiting to go to my 9am class. However, I felt as though I needed to have some sort of an update.

This weekend was a very fun and eventful weekend. To make a long story short, I participate in a performance group that is helping me pay for school! Our performances were just that...performances. Now, we are in competitive mode. This weekend we trekked out to California with a high school group and another performance group from Weber State, to event a competitive event in Rancho Cucamonga. There were nine groups in our division and we had to place top five in order to have the success we needed. We did place top five, in face, we placed second overall. Our performance group is now sitting at #16 in our division competitively and #17 in the world. We are now debating a World Championship performance. If we improve our standing and our score these next two weeks, we could sit in top 15 which would guarantee us an amazing spot at Worlds! Great weekend overall!

I can't believe it is the last full week of March. I have so much to do. I am back from the California trip and have homework, work, teaching, performing and so much more to do. Today I have to finish my portfolio so that I can get it all put together and edited before I turn it in Thursday (it is not due until next week, but I get extra points for turning it in early)! My students are becoming restless too. I give them material to practice and they get it fairly well. My next task is to make things more difficult.

Now, it is 9am and class must be attended. More frequent updates will occur! Promise!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm glad to hear that your performance group is doing so well!