Friday, January 30, 2009

Amazing Program!!!

So last night I had to cut some music for dance and was having some difficulty finding someone who could do it on such short notice and for free. I emailed a friend of mine who is a band teacher and has to sometimes cut music if she knew of any programs that were cheap and worked well. She emailed back and gave me a reference to a program named Audicity. After some installations, I was able to download a free version of this program and it is working wonders. I could edit, cut, change tempo, change the speed, record my own noises, pick from an array of pre-recorded voices and noises, overlay and overlap, enhance a note, make pauses, you name it, it probably can do it. I could even edit music down to a millisecond which helped with the song I was cutting. I can take one section and work on just that particular part for a while. I am way excited. I can fine tune my music over the next several weeks and get everything ready without stress and worry (cause I am stressed, worried and freaking out right about now). I can even have it adaptable to all music and computer systems. This is a great idea. I can slightly relax regarding dance, but only slightly. I just had to blog about this amazing gift that was given to me!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am leaving a comment so that you can get to my blog ;)

Dorm Bedding said...

I've never had the need for such a program, but it sounds awesome :)