Monday, November 12, 2007

What Moving and Cleaning Look Like...

Sorry for the delay in entries. Life seems to be keeping me busy all the time. Funny how that works. Anyways, I decided to post an entry about moving and cleaning. Our apartment had cleaning checks on Monday and needless to say it was an adventure in and of itself. But I must start from the beginning. I will start with moving and how everything happened. Now, I am hoping the appropriate images will upload correctly so that everyone can see what I mean. Plus, I love it when I get to visually see everything (I am kind of a visual person). So, let's cross our fingers and hope this works.

I
must start way back in August when I was in my last two weeks at work and preparing for Utah! I was living at home in Oregon the whole summer. This move to Utah was going to be completely different. This time my parents were taking three kids to college (Jamie, my oldest sister flew down for her two week summer break to help me, Mom, Dad and Brittany, my younger sister get back to Utah and to take Britt and I to the Oregon Start Party at Indian Head Trail Springs in Priveville, Oregon, about 4.5 hours away from our house). My entire summer was spent working forty hour shifts and cleaning my room (except when Harry Potter hit the bookstores, then I would spend my break and lunch hour at work ready as much as I could. I was behind everyone else, but is a story for another entry). August was the pinnacle point for moving and cleaning my room.
















The picture on the left (yeah! They work!) is an image of Michele's room with some of the stuff that went with me to Utah (Michele is my other older sister...I will post a blog about my family soon). The one on the right is the same picture without a flash. Amazingly, I was able to fit everything into my car with room for the driver, and two passengers. My car is a 4-door Toyota Camry, so not necessarily a big car in terms of a jeep or a van. Although the passenger in the back seat was just a little squished, but only a little! The picture below is the final result of what Michele's room looked like.I know...it seems like a lot, but most of that stuff I had with me my previous year in college. I tried not to add too many more items. I was just way excited to live in an apartment with a private room. Now, once I got to Utah, I just "dumped" everything there and went back to my aunt's house (she lives up the street from me). I never really truly unpacked everything as shown in the pictures below...






Left: The area around my dresser. Right: My desk and my bookshelf in the background.


Left: My bed (the quilt was made so lovingly by my grandmother as a graduation gift!










Basically, it has been messing until this weekend when I actually cleaned it. I am having technical difficulties posting a picture of my room clean


































































No comments: