Sunday, November 4, 2007

Miscellanious Projects

I have decided that it is time to share some of my project ideas, many of which I am constantly attempting to complete.

First, I am in the process of creating a few web pages. I have a goal to have one completely by January 2008, and have at least the skeleton of another completed by December 2007. I have a few others that I want to do, but these two are the ones at the top of my to do list.

Next, I want to finally have my room the way I want it (my bedroom in my apartment in Utah). It has not been clean since I moved in (when I moved in it was empty with the exception of the bed and the desk). Cleaning check are on November 12th. By that time, I hope to have my room nearly spotless. Then about a week or two after that, I will finally move everything around to where I want it. I can figure out how much space I have and I can finally get things in order. I can figure out what I still need to make my room complete.

This next project is what I call "Project Regular Temperature." I know it's a weird name, but that really is what it is. Let me explain. My apartment there are four bedrooms (one for each person living here). Two of the four rooms (one of which is mine) do not have consistent temperature readings in each season. For example, in the summer, my room is one of the hottest rooms in the apartment. In the winter, it is one of the coldest rooms. Now, you may be thinking, why not just through on the heat in the winter and turn up the air conditioning in the summer. Because we can not afford to have an electric and gas bill be that high. So instead, I am attempting to find ways to keep my room warm ing the winter and cold in summer. My first idea is to check the vent. Every once in a while, the Carriage Cove management puts on everyones heater (they only do this only when the temperature outside hits the teens or single digits). They have had to do this twice and I think my vent has something blocking it. My next idea is to get lots of candles! We are aloud to have candles in the apartment as long as our other roommates know when they are lit and we stay in the room the lit candles are in. I have two that are currently going and they have warmed up the room a little bit. I also have a desk light that radiates heat on. I have plans to possibly by a portable heat (the cost to run those are a lot less that the heating bill). I will probably throw some curtains over the windows. Occasionally, when it is snowing and windy outside, some of the cold air seeps in little by little making the room colder and the ho
ttest months in Utah are July August and September. November, December and January prove to be the coldest months in Utah. I should also probably get my weather guard on the windows repaired. The weather guard keeps the wind out of my room.

I think the last project I am going to attempt to encounter (for now) is the "picking a major" project. Yes, I am a sophomore in college and still do not have a major. My college freshman sister has a major, but I am the oddball and still don't have one. There are way too many things that I like and I promised myself I would bring it up with God before officially deciding anything.

Now, I must go do homework and clean my room. I sometimes wish I could borrow time.

1 comment:

MarieC said...

Hey Kristen! Definitely "bring it up with God" when it comes to a major. And don't feel pressured...just don't pull an Uncle Rob and be in school for 11 years. Hee hee.

Thanks for the chicken recipe--too bad we already had it (see my comment in my blog).

Love, Aunt Marie