Monday, April 4, 2011

School and school

I sit here blogging so I can take a break from two important school items. However, one is for me at UVU and one is for Springville (I am multi-tasking a lot of the Springville stuff). I will first start with explaining what I am doing.

I will start with Springville. I think I have some audition dates for the summer/fall colorguard but I need to check on gym times and my school schedule during potential dates as they may be during finals week. All my finals will be in the morning though so I plan to have auditions in the evening with a parent meeting the day after! I think rifle auditions will be the Friday before so that Lindsay can help me decide on the rifle and potential sabre line for fall! I have been sitting here at my sister's house enjoying family time while working. I have spent time organizing the current potential members list, deciding on captains and equipment manager, updating the April and May calendars, checking prices on new sabres and rifles, submitting fundraiser proposals and writing work for parade! I am spending my two week break from teaching updating my director's notebook and getting everything ready for summer and fall colorguard. I am hoping and praying for at least 12 people for the fall show. Lindsay, Jamie (the band teacher), and I want at least four sabres on the sabre line, four rifles on the rifle line and four flags on the flag line for fall. That would be awesome! Now, we have to check pricing for the sabres. I am super excited for the fall show especially since the drill coach is offering to give us a ton of stuff FOR FREE!!! I am hoping for smooth sailing for fall and spending all summer building up technique. I am sure my kids are not happy with the 6am-9am Tuesay Thursday rehearsals but there is a reason to which I will explain later!

Now, on to college. I have been able to view my classes and I have a lot to think about. I am allowed to take 20 credits for the whole summer so I am thinking 10 credits for first block and 10 credits for second block!!!  That way I am not over loading one block or another will still maximizing my credits to graduate on-time or faster if possible. I get to pick fall term classes sometime this week and need to compare my summer schedule with fall to make sure I take take the next class in my course sequence. Studying is top priority so I need to finish an email and study some more.

No comments: