Sunday, April 11, 2010

Utah Bound..

I a still in Ohio waiting to board a plane back to Utah. I am very sad. Friday was the very last performance we had together as a team. I love all of them like my family and yet, I have to leave them behind once I reach Utah. We will have a banquet in May and some summer clinics where I will learn to be an effective teacher and help teach many classes to other performers and directors as well. But since most of those are not mandatory, I don't know when we will all be together again. After finishing out the season with the 13th spot in the entire world out of 104 groups, I can honestly say I am proud and honored to perform alongside people I love.

To Susan Raymond, my other mom aside from my real mom and Momma Dupaix. How I love your wisdom and the trust you gave to me to care for everyone else because I am the oldest. Thanks for taking me under your wing and trusting me to do almost anything.

To Sumer Addy, my mentor and friend. Thank you for trusting me to take your movement and your show (your "baby") to another level. Thanks for allowing me to grow so much as a dancer and for helping me gain the confidence to to go foreward with my dance career.

To Cory Oliver, my friend and the brother I felt I never had. Thank you so much for loving me more than I loved myself and for never judging me. Thank you for helping me understand my potential and my excellence, even when I felt I had none.

These people taught and trained me to be the best and now we must part ways. Sumer and Cory are potenitlly going away and I will not be with the group next year. I see Cory regularly as we are going to practice for bigger auditions and bigger plans!

I am holding back many sorrowful tears at the moment, but it will all be okay.

1 comment:

Dorm Bedding said...

Just found your blog - love it :)