Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Daylight Savings Story

Last night, my students had a competition. I didn't get home until late because it was not in Utah County. After making sure all of the kids had a ride home, I headed home. My car clock and cell phone were telling me it was 12:40am. When I did get home, I went upstairs to inform my mother that I was finally home. I looked at her clock and noticed it read as being 1:40am. This confused me quite a bit and I wanted to double check my cell phone clock and it still read as 12:40am so I thought the clock was incorrect. I went downstairs and went to bed. I woke up and noticed my phone flashing as 9:40am. Thinking I slept until almost 10am I went upstairs to eat some breakfast and noticed the stove clock read as 8:42am. I was extremely confused and couldn't figure out what was going on. 10 minutes later when I opened up the refrigerator to get some milk, I noticed the calendar on the refrigerator had said "March 11th-Day Light Savings Begins." Needless to say, I was thoroughly confused for quite a while and forgot it was Daylight Savings.

1 comment:

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

Oh dear. Sounds like you need to stop and take a break for a day!