Sunday, January 27, 2008

All I've ever known...

Today the only prophet that I can remember passed away due to incidents of age. President Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, died at the age of 97. He is the only one I have ever known or remembered. It has been a bit of a rough week for me and Jamie. First, we found out our grandmother was in the hospital then, we find out a prophet that most of us here in Utah have ever known has passed away. It is strange to me. When I was younger I was afraid of this very day, but today I am at peace knowing he is at peace. My love, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all who knew him. May God Bless everyone!

1 comment:

MarieC said...

Hi Kristen

I hope you got my e-mail back to you.

I know how you feel. For me, President Kimball was the president I had known for most of my life. It will be hard to get used to the idea of a new prophet leading us, but at least we know it is the right person at the right time.

Love you--have a good week! We have snow today. Yuk!

Love
Aunt Marie