Saturday, June 30, 2012

Exhaustingly Successful Day...

I really don't understand how yard sales can make someone so exhausted. Initially I was mentally exhausted and thought that I could go the rest of the day with regular Saturday evening plans. Then I woke up to dinner being ready. Yes, the yard sell ended at 4pm, money was counted and distributed and I sat down at about 5:30pm. I woke up at about 6pm (ish) so really only a 30 minute nap, but the fact that I slept means I was (and currently am) much more physically exhausted than I thought. I think everyone is...even my dad who did not man the stations but did in fact provide fans on a 90+ degree day, babysat the little one (my niece), got out all the lunch products, set up the canopies (and help break down the yard sale) and check on us occasionally! My mom worked all day so she wasn't there but it is exhausting preparing for such endeavor and then heading to a long day at work to come home and help finish the last remaining details of the yard sale are just as exhausting. Note that it was a MASSIVE sale...as in multifamily...literally. My family, my sister's in-laws and a neighbor all had contributed to this sale. We sold a whole of items but still have a lot more to go. Which is why we are going to have another yard sale on Friday and Saturday this next weekend! To let you know how successful this yard sale was without going into too many details, the total profit all three families made combined was over $400 and that was for eight hours. Again, we still have so much more stuff to sell, but all-in-all a rather successful day!

To give you an idea of how and why I found the garage sale successful, I will give you some thoughts to ponder. Going into the garage sale I for sure had seven of those printer paper boxes of clothing and a large box (I am guessing at least an 8 x 4 x 4 box of clothing) that I had ready to be put out into the yard sale last night. I woke up at 5am this morning to over a few things in the basement and find two ore paper boxes worth of clothing to put out. I am pretty sure of the nine paper boxes and one big box (at least) I sold about 65% of those items of clothing and I still have more to contribute to next weekends yard sale! I still have so much more to do and go through but I am happy with the results and hope to have as good, if not better, results next weekend *crosses fingers* I still have a lot more work to do and an anticipating more late nights this week, but all for the better!

Now, I will be showering and going to bed! I will post more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm glad the yard sale went well and I hope it goes even better this weekend!

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

Remember how good this feels but also remember that we don't want you to have almost 10 boxes of clothes to sell the next time there is a yard sale! It's hard to keep your wardrobe at bay, but you can do it! I do, so you can too.