Thursday, February 3, 2011

God's Precious Gifts!

I was reading facebook the other day and noticed a status my sister wrote. Long story short, my niece (due June 7th) has clubbed feet. That is when I realized something. One precious little soul from God was loved the moment my sister found out she was pregnant. Then when the rest of the family found out she had more love and support. She will have her great-grandparents to constantly coo over her, both sides of grandparents (first granddaughter for both sides, second grandchild for Kory's side) numerous aunts and uncles (not to mention great aunts and uncles since I know Aunt Pam and Aunt Marie will probably fight over her! Good thing Aunt Lindsay lives in California so all Cali visits get to be with just Aunt Lindsay) as well as many cousins and friends. This little gift from God will have a trial the moment she is born and yes it could effect her walking. But I haven't met her yet and love my little niece regardless of what will happen to her. It makes me think of God and all His children. I am not even the child's mother and I feel so much love for this baby girl. Yet God has billions (maybe even trillions) of children He loves so deeply no matter what trials they face. No one knows the severity of her condition yet every one of us can't wait to meet her and will be overwhelmed as we all make room for this little one in our hearts. Maybe a few dance lessons from Aunt Kristen will make her a prima ballerina!

No comments: